Monday, September 21, 2009

the copy cat - revisited

for those of you who are new to the blog. welcome. my name is stacy.



i love anything to do with the home - cooking, decorating and sometimes even cleaning. my style is contemporary cottage even though i live in in 1960's suburban home. i love finds at flea markets and garage sales. i love stripes and polka dots. i am inspired by nature. i love green and blue and have no problem decorating my entire house in those colors. i love taking something ugly and making it beautiful. i love having a cozy home where people feel welcomed.

however, i have a confession. when it comes to my home i am completely unoriginal. all of "my ideas" are inspired (aka copied) from various places. pottery barn magazines. design shows. better homes and gardens. my friends. my family. the internet. as a former teacher who lived by the mantra "beg, borrow or steal" i have no problem using other peoples' ideas.

this blog is to give you some ideas that i have copy catted in my home. to encourage you that you don't have to be super creative or original to have a beautiful comfy home.

why take all that energy to create? afterall, there is nothing new under the sun...

No comments: