Wednesday, September 30, 2009

dream home?

i love decorating and anything that has to do with the home. but am i in my dream home? nope. far from it.


in fact the home that i just moved from is closer to my dream home stylistically. it was actually a cottage.


so why move into a 1969's multi-level with dark brown cabinets and trim?


here is why. maybe it will also inspire you.



"Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." "
Luke 9:23 (New International Version)



i have {tried} to embrace this verse in my life. to base all of my decisions and priorities with the idea that i am not my own. i will live in the house God wants me to live in. i will live in the city that God has planned for me to live.



so is a 1969's house in omaha my dream? nope. but i'll make the most of it as i strive to take up my cross and follow the lord.



will you do that too?

No comments: